Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why Nerd?

First thing comes through my mind, "am I supposed to write the title 'nerf' instead of 'nerd'?". Coz, I've been thinking that, I tend to be the one who likes playing with NERF™ than becoming the one who loves books and socially akward in general or in colloquial language, we called it nerd. Whereas NERF™ is a toy brand created by Parker Brothers and currently owned by Hasbro. Back to the issue then, I am far from becoming a nerd due to the reality that I play a lot, gossiping a lot, instead of reading. As far as I concern about my study, most of the time I really read the book for the sake of exam, otherwise I rather play some sorts of games or sports during my leisure time like football, computer games etc. I personally admit, that's one of my destructive behavior (Oh gosh, I really need to have a session with counselor). Luckily, I passed my first medical exam despite without distinction and simultaneously there was the first nerd failure.


Nevertheless my gut tells me, "you shouldn't be a nerd and... yet there's no reason to deactivate your email (i_am_nerd2@yahoo.com)". lol. I personally feel that to trust my instinct utterly would allow me to live a reasonable existence. There was something else I wanted: to be smart. I preferred to be on the smart side of average rather than the dumb side, but intelligence counted quite more than physical appearance, charisma, or athletic ability. There's a strong correlation between being smart and being a nerd. Frankly, I myself hate the nerd-appearance students and so do the nerdiness within themselves just because, they seldom socialize; at least go playing some sports. It is not due to the fact that I am an Executive Councillor of Sports and Recreation of Medical Student Association who needs to encourage all of you guys to participate in sport activities, it just we're having the same physiological system need to stabilize normal condition within ourselves and build rapport among our colleague indirectly. At last I found out myself that trying to be a nerd just makes my live miserable and BORING.


I just want to stress out that there's an Arabic proverb mentions, "A healthy mind comes from a healthy body".